Dear St. Peter School Community,
It is very difficult to believe but it is now December! Advent is now upon us, a most sacred time of the Church’s liturgical year. This is a time to once again look within, renounce sin, and place our hope in the Advent of the Christ to drive away whatever darkness might be in our life and in the world. St. Peter School has so many sacred and festive activities planned throughout the month. One important initiative is our Gaudete Bracelet campaign. This Advent initiative involves students and teachers receiving bracelets that have the following inscriptions: “St. Peter School”, “Rejoice in the Lord” and “Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam.” Our main target is the vice of grumbling, negativity, and complaining. Students will be challenged to replace such thoughts and actions with acts of praise and thanksgiving to God Most High for the many blessings we have and to allow the Holy Spirit to teach us the “Wisdom of the Cross”. To symbolize this, they may move their bracelet from one wrist to the other when tempted to complain, while saying a short prayer of thanksgiving and praise, remembering that we do all things “for the greater glory of God” (Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam). Please see our list of calendar items below:
- Dec. 5-7th: Secret Santa Workshop during school
- Dec. 7th: First Friday, School Mass; remember, no hot lunch this day
- Dec. 7th: Early Bird Registration for the 2019-2020 school year (for current families, click here)
- Dec. 7th: Christmas Bazaar, Pastor’s Hall
- Dec. 8th: Christmas Bazaar, Pastor’s Hall
- Dec. 8th: Annual Tree Lighting Ceremony, St. Peter Church
- Dec. 11th: St. Anthony Club meeting, 2:45-3:45 Pastor’s Hall
- Dec. 13th: Sacrament of Penance, grades 3-8
- Dec. 17th: St. Peter School Christmas Concert, 6:30 PM (students arrive with families at 6 PM in church)
- Dec. 18th: Auditions for Spring Musical, Annie, 2:45-6 PM, Pastor’s Hall
- Dec. 20th: Monthly School Rosary, 1:45 PM, St. Peter Church; NO AFTER CARE this day
- Dec. 21st: Early Dismissal, Christmas Recess begins
- Dec. 21st: Annie Call Backs, 10:45 AM to 2 PM
Watch Our Latest Promotional Video!
News & Events
Get on your PJs and join us for a fun filled night of corny jokes and sweet times.
There is not a moment to spare! The lanes are VIP reserved for our 6th to 8th graders.
Support our Students! $5 Donation buys you a 25%* off coupon!