Dear Parents and Guardians,
As noted at the recent Back to School Nights, St. Peter School is pleased to offer a supplemental online Math program for our students in grades 4-8, called Math IXL. This evidence based program features a variety of diagnostic and analytical tools to help teachers hone in on the weaknesses of our students in the area of math, and to correct them! It allows students the opportunity to work on extended problems, as well as fundamental skills both in the classroom and at home. We feel that this online program is the perfect complement to in class instruction at our school. Here are some of the benefits of Math IXL:
- unlimited additional practice for students beyond normal coursework
- Opportunity for gifted students to practice math problems at grade levels up through grade 12
- Opportunity for struggling students to review more fundamental concepts from prior grade levels
- Opportunity for teachers to diagnose weaknesses and use that data to drive instruction
- Opportunity for parents to monitor results
If anyone has any questions about this, do not hesitate to ask. Also, for instructions on how to access this program, please be sure to review our “How to Access Math IXL” page. You can do that by clicking here.